Sunday, March 22, 2009

My (minor) obsession with the Obama's

I may have mentioned this before, but when we went to vote in November, Megan was very disappointed that Barack Obama wasn't there. I mean, really upset. It was actually kind of cute, and maybe a little disturbing because obviously I am foisting my political views onto my unsuspecting daughter, but I am going to be ok with it.

But, times have changed, and my obsession with the Obama's moved from Barack in November to Michelle in January, and now I think that what I admire most about them is, them. I love that he loves her so much, and that she is so strong and that his position does not diminish her. I love that they are the couple in the White House while my kids are little. I think that even if I didn't agree with their politics, I would admire their marriage-and their family.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about her. She seems somewhat frowny too me. Even her smile seems a little fake. But my obsession with him has taken on a whole new level. I stayed up to watch him on Jay Leno, even though it was by far the latest I'd stayed up in months - I went to bed at 12:30. I love how he seems like a normal/above average intelligence person, with an extraordinary job, and he talks on TV like I might a friend. Yeah, I'm obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, don't you think you should be a follower of my blog? Do you even know who I am??? I am not only a very famous blogger, but I also sat in my underwear with you and got interviewed on camera after the first day of kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete