Thursday, March 12, 2009

Jack is One!

Jack turned one this past weekend, and I really cannot believe that he has been around for a year. A part of me feels like we have always had him, and another part feels like the past year has gone by too quickly. As hard as the baby stage is, it is also so great.

I was just rocking Jack before putting him down for a nap, and he just melts into me. Megan still cuddles, but the difference between a 3year old cuddle and a 1 year old cuddle is huge. Jack just totally gives in to the snuggle. Sometimes it feels like he can't get close enough to me, which is such a great feeling. And he smells so good. It's so hard for me to imagine that someday he is going to be 15 and won't want anything to do with me. I can't think about that now.

I can't believe he is getting so big. Still not walking, but he's close. Part of me just wants him to say a baby, but then another part of me can't wait until he can talk and run and be the crazy kid that I know he will be. I honestly believe he is waiting to walk until he can run. He's going to take off as soon as he can, I just know it :)

So I guess this is my ode to Jack. My baby boy.

1 comment: